My dream – BIG Dream – someday is to take this “show on the road” permanently. For now – I’m happy that I can pick up and leave whenever I want to go see some of the country. (or one of my kids).
Of course… I’ve got to go see my oldest in Italy – I think the first trip will be in May when the weather is nice in Naples.
This road trip I’m choosing to go when the weather is gorgeous at home and just plain awful in Nebraska.
You see… my youngest boy is a basketball coach – and – I’ve NEVER seen him coach. Well.. I’ve seen him coach as an assistant, but he has been a head coach for community colleges and Universities all over the western U.S. (even Alaska!)
I’m going to pick up shop – load it into the car and go – go – go. 🙂
Not only is it a balmy 87 degrees here at home… but it’s just plain quiet when I’m working outside. (Everyone is at work or in school). I love to listen to the birds and – well – nature when I’m working.
Let me just say… there is not a good time to leave your business behind – no matter how well you plan.
- One of my Virtual Assistants has been without an internet connection for 5 days. Yikes!
- I’m right in the middle of opening up my membership site again. Public Domain Book Club
- I’m working on (I mean really working on) my 2011 plan for the entire year.
- I need to take a few days and follow my own advice about “getting my creativity back”
The Good News…
- One of my other assistants is going full steam and can take care of many of the issues that might come up.
- Road trips always clear my head and helps me brainstorm for new ideas.
- I have access to one of those cell phone air card thingies… and I can work on the road. (I shouldn’t but I know I will).
- I’m not going to Mexico – where I tend to drink to much and can’t think about “Anything”. (Christine – I know you are laughing at that)
- I was going to drive it alone… but hubby decided to take time from his own business and go with me. (It was my plan all along – he just didn’t know it) 🙂
- I figured out how to check my email with my phone – it’s not a iphone or a droid.. but it does have internet connection and a GPS. All good.
I’m also trading cars with my kid. He get’s to “have” my “mom van” and I’m taking back his big brothers truck. Eventually the truck will get sold and I’ll get a “newish” car. Yea Me.
The funny part is getting into the darn truck. I have short legs and this thing is jacked to the moon! (not really – but it feels that way to me) And it’s not as comfortable for long trips as my old beat up van… but all will work out well in the end. It’s worth it!
The reason we “all” want to get my oldest son’s truck sold:
- He lives in Italy.
- He is now married and she is moving with her girl soon to live in Italy.
- He needs to buy her a car – (one you can live with having lot’s of dings and scratches – they are nuts on the road in Naples).
- He is paying a fortune every month for the truck payments and insurance – the idea was that he would have a paid off truck when he moved back to the states. Go figure – he up and got married and plans have changed all over the place.
So… being the “good mom” – I’m going to go “get” the truck. Gift my van to my sweet boy (who is actually kind of excited to be driving the van for some odd reason). Sell the truck here at home where trucks sell pretty quickly. Whew… somewhere in that mix… I’ll choose a car for myself. I’ve had my van for over 10 years!
It’s So Hard To Give Up An Old Friend
This van has been the very best car I’ve ever owned. I’ve never – ever – broken down or been stranded in the desert. It zips along at 75 and still get’s 28 mpg. The seats are “Still” super comfy. I think they have molded to the shape of my backside. *** giggle***
Anyway… I just thought I’d keep you posted on the goings on around here.
I’ve got to make sure the house sitter will have food in the house, and the dogs have plenty of treats!
Be talking with you again from the road!