“This book shows you how you can use your faux finishing, stenciling and mural painting talents to make a little extra income or even a very good living!”
This book is not new… but I’ve used it for several years. When I have a question that needs an easy – quick answer, I can usually find it in this book.
I took the plunge from decorating my own home to professional painter many years ago… and it’s not easy. It’s not rocket science… it just takes planning and a desire to keep learning new techniques.
Lynette Harris shares everything she’s learned about making the leap from hobbyist to professional, including:
- How to put together a quality portfolio, whatever your level of experience
- Getting your Name out – from newspaper ads to free publicity
- What to do and say in the initial meeting with a potential client
- How to price a job – including when to charge more and when and how to compromise
- Putting it in writing – what to include in written estimates, proposals and contracts
- Tips for making each painting job go smoothly and successfully, from preparation to clean-up
- “Getting In” by working on showcase homes, with interior designers, contractors, architects and other professionals
- Managing the Legal and Financial issues of your business. – Do you need to get a sales tax license? Do you need liability insurance?
Full of words of encouragement and advice from other professional faux and mural painters, this book will help you turn your love of painting into a successful business you love.