Today starts my serious talk with you… The TRUTH about Making Money From Home. Plus… I’ll share with you my promise to you towards the bottom of my “chat”.
I’ll be using a “category” to keep all of the “Truths” together – Making Money From Home Truths so you can read them all.
I think we all need to have a “clear” thinking – hard look at why we all want to make money from our home and computer. I also “know” that you still need to “get It” – some people can’t get IT – but you Can.
Yes – I know you can learn to do everything you need to make money online… but you might be trying to learn it “all” at once and that will get you into trouble every time.
Do you remember hearing Col. Jessep shouting ” You can’t handle the truth!”? It’s the Jack Nicholson character in the move A Few Good Men.
Yes… I’ve used that video on this blog before… I love it!
Thousands of people just like you go online each day in search of their first “making money from home” opportunity. Why? Because the draw of working from home in their “jammies” or telling the boss to “take this JOB and sh*ve it” has become to overwhelming to ignore.
In fact, most web analytics companies would agree that even more people are trying to make a fortune in cyberspace today than in 2001. For both the optimistic and the skeptical, it is now common knowledge that people from all walks of life are trying their hand at some form of Internet marketing.
You’ve heard and read of all the wild success stories about people making millions online with just a few hours of work.
Maybe you’ve even read a few convincing testimonials from people on the last big “guru” sales page where they have shared how they started working “a scheme” for just 20 minutes a month and now they make millions an hour while sitting on the new beach or surfing… brrrr.
But is any of this stuff real?
The short answer is yes, people really do make money from home.
But the real question you should be asking yourself is: “Do I really want to make money from home?”
There’s a lot more to making a living with an online home business than those “full of hype” sales letters tell you. And the truth is, some people find out too late that it’s not as easy as they were led to believe.
I’m about to share with you some cold – hard facts so you can choose whether or not working from home full-time is really right for you. I’m going to either get you excited and ready to take your first steps, or I will save you a lot of heartache and stress by helping you dodge the proverbial bullet and pick a career that’s better suited to your wants and needs.
Maybe working from home isn’t right for you! There’s no shame in saying, “I don’t have what it takes.” One thing I want to clear up right now – I love working from home. I wouldn’t change it for the WORLD.
Do I get stressed out? Sure! But I much prefer the stress of launching my own product to that of having to go beg my boss for a raise or tell him I can’t come to work because I’m sick – again.
I feel like a kid who turned 18 and got the freedoms adulthood has to offer. Nobody can tell me what to do anymore, and in the famous words of McDonalds, I’m loving it!
This Is A Business – Not A Get Rich Quick Scheme
The first thing you need to understand is the word business. Please don’t confuse this with a “I’m gonna get rich quickly” scheme. Many new online marketers make this mistake – they expect to log on, stick a website up and ka-ching! Instant cash machine.
Marketing online is definitely not a get rich quick industry. If you treat it like one, you’ll end up frustrated, broke, and possibly even embarrassed. Building a profitable, sustainable business online takes time.
It’s really hard to accept this mindset when so many of the “good ol’ boy – gurus” are telling you how much money they make and how easy it is, using words like “guaranteed.”
Every guru had a learning curve and some got going, went back to zilch, and had to start over. Others started out slow, saw money trickling in, and built upon it (like me).
It does take less money and time to start a business online than to open a brick and mortar store in your home town… and you’ll probably see results a lot faster online. But getting from “start to profit” (as Lynn Terry says) with your new online business is probably not going to be an overnight event.
I shared this a few months ago and it’s worth repeating:
Don’t let anyone – anywhere tell you that online marketing is easy. Simple is different than Easy.
Just like most other things we learn in life… once you get the hang of it… it’s Simple. Like riding a bike.
Easy – is an entirely different matter. Nothing about working online is easy.
- You will have to work long hours
- You will have to learn many new things… and then figure out which one of those “things’ works best for you
- You will have to get over your “fears” or “silly things that hold you back”
- You can be a hermit and sit at home in your jammies – working all hours day and night – but you must learn to be social.
- You must learn how to ask for help – sometimes you will have to ask in several places before you get the answer you need
- You will try things that don’t work
- You will be surprised at some of the things that do work
- You will not “get it” overnight
I want you to think about Five Things Right Now!
- Stop asking your self if it’s possible to make money online… instead ask yourself if you are ready to buckle down and learn how. If your not – move on and get a J.O.B.
- If you decided you are going to commit – then commit all the way. Every thing you learn will NOT be useful for your new business – but it will be useful for you to learn. Commit to learning and then putting that “learning” into action. Once you have committed – Don’t stop. Don’t give up. Don’t throw in the towel. And… don’t ever let me hear you say “I Can’t”!
- You will try “lots” of things… some will work and some won’t. Sorry… but that is the Truth. You will eventually find the “right things” that will work for you. We are not all “built the same” why should we think that we can follow “one system or plan” and it will work for all of us?
- Learn from someone (or someone’s) that are already doing what you want to do. If you don’t “like” them – ditch ’em. If you don’t feel comfortable with something they teach – don’t do it. You should know how “they” became a success… but it doesn’t mean that will be your path.
- Stop trying to be a “copy cat”. The internet is “Huge” – where and how are YOU going to stand out?
So… You’re Wondering Why You Should Listen To Me?
Why should you pay attention to what I’m teaching over all the other “experts” online? LOL – I don’t know. Maybe you should watch this video and see if what I’m sharing online is “right up your alley”: Debra Conrad’s new landing page.
I promise to be totally honest with you!
- I promise to tell you the truth – because I know you don’t need “pie in the sky” hype.
- I promise to help you in every way I can.
- I promise to only share what I think is important and worth while for you to learn.
- I promise that I won’t pitch junk… I will give you my honest recommendations and the “why” I’m recommending.
- I promise to tell you what I’m doing to grow my business and help you grow yours.
What’s up next?
I’m going to get the ugly stuff out of the way. I will share exactly what I think is The Ugly Truth About Making Money From Home. It’s not a bad as it sounds… but I want you to “KNOW” what you are getting your self into and how to prepare yourself.
That’s it for today… I know I’ve given you a ton to think about… you should share your thoughts right now – leave me a reply below and get it of your chest. 🙂
I’m here for ya…