Happy New Year 2011! It’s going to be a great year for all of us… I just know it.
The other day I shared some of my 2011 goals and some of you shared with me where you were headed in the new year.
Today I want to share a few things about wishing you a Happy New You!
I just finished watching this video from Stephen Pierce that is worth every bit of 15 minutes of your time. While is all good that we share goals with each other we need a kick in the pants Today about how we are going to set ourselves up for success (not failure) in the new year.
Now that we have watched that video… ask yourself “How do I need to change how I feel about myself”? “What Is My Identity”?
I feel secure in my own identity. I am Debra Conrad – an Ordinary Baby Boomer Making Money From Home.
I can say that I Make Money From Home to anyone and feel a great confidence that I am stating the truth about myself and what I do.
I’ve had several identities over my life – haven’t you? Some are consistent – I will always be a wife, daughter, mom.
Some of my identities have gone by the wayside over the years. …. and I have several that will be changing this new year. (and over the last few months)
- Debra Conrad – WAS a partner in Public Domain Treasure Hunter – NOW – Sole owner and kick butt Public Domain Diva!
- Debra Conrad – WAS – THAT Painter Lady – NOW– going to have to let that identity go. 🙁
- Debra Conrad – WAS – struggling to find Focus in my online internet marketing – NOW – I know exactly where I’m going and why.
Your own identities can change on a dime… I’m proof positive of that. But – How you see yourself today is so important… you must KNOW who you want to “Be” this year.
As Stephen says is the video… make sure your Identity is consistent to reach your goals this year.
- What do you want to have in your life?
- Work backwards… What must I do to achieve What I want to Have?
- Work backwards again… Who do I need to “BE” to achieve What I Want To Have? How do you need to see yourself?
Does Your Identity Support Your Goal?
You may have noticed one little line above. THAT Painter Lady has to go…
I’ve been “THAT Painter Lady” for years. That identity was “Me” for about 15 years – online and offline. Local and World Wide. Letting that identity go is a hard pill to swallow.
But I am NOT really that identity any longer… the heart and soul of that business has left the building. I’ve been struggling with this decision for several years… and this year it is time to take steps to “Let it go”. Sigh….
I can’t be every identity. I’m tooo tired trying to keep up with them all!
I need to narrow the Focus.
- Debra Conrad – Baby Boomer – Making Affiliate Income From Home – (dragging you along with me).
- Debra Conrad – THAT Public Domain Diva – Exploring and sharing new and innovative ways to use Public Domain content to make money from home.
How am I going to get rid if THAT Painter Lady identity? … and HOW did I get to this point?
I haven’t gotten the “whole” idea worked out. I need a bit of coaching to figure out just exactly what to let go and how. I can’t “just” sell off all the products and websites as a whole without spending some time with my coach making the best decision. It’s HUGE selling off an identity. Of course – I will share it all with you over the coming month.
I got to this point by listening to my coach. She hasn’t “really” come right out and said “just get rid of it all” – YET. I know she is letting me make the decision on my own.
Do you have a coach?
- Someone you are accountable to?
- Someone to help streamline your thinking?
- Someone to help you FOCUS?
I will share my coach with you… :0) – To see who and (why I chose her) click here—>> Debra’s 2011 Internet Marketing Coach
Have A Happy New You! I’m here for ya…
p.s. I also watched the latest Frank Kern video about the state of the internet in 2011. It’s one of “those” grandiose Guru videos… so just listen to the important stuff. The Important Stuff:
Build A Strong Business Foundation
- Strive to attract qualified new leads
- Turn those qualified new leads into customers
- Turn those customers into repeat buyers (The old Rinse and Repeat model)
The goal = Much more stable and less stressful business model.
Another strong point – Stop trying to serve the people who “ain’t got no money”. Watch the video to learn how to avoid the “Cycle Of Doom”.
- What can we sell to people (in any niche market) with money to spend.
- Frank talks about marketing to people “Offline”.
- He also talks about creating (or affiliate marketing) products that are “Premium Priced”. Market a Ferrari instead of a Toyota Tercell.
- Sell them something that will be of greater value to them than the money they paid. Sell them the “experience”. The fact that a car is a car is irrelevant – The experience of driving a Ferrari is of greater value to some customers.
I have several products that will be changing to a premium priced product this year. But… the products need to change before I can accomplish that goal.
I need to add/change the products from the “Huge Thump Factor” study product model to:
- Speed – What to do and how to do it as quickly as possible. Stop selling a “study” product and sell an “Action” product.
- Give Greater Level of Personal Attention – Helping others get to the “Action” step quicker and help them get past the “stopping points”.
Not sure exactly how I’m going to accomplish this… I’m turning to my internet marketing coach for guidance. 🙂