Best 10 minute lesson I’ve had in marketing in a very long time. A new comedy/reality TV competition show has popped up in the UK.
The first challenge for this comedy duo is to take 5 pounds and turn it into as much money as they can in a week. You won’t believe what they chose to make and market. Tooo funny! (you have to watch the video).
As you are watching this entertaining video… pay attention to the marketing messages:
1. One of the “guys” uses USP in a comment… do you know what your USP is? (Unique Selling Position)
2. Do you know the demographics for your product? These two try to find their products demographics in a variety of ways.
3. Watch how they try to go from selling one model of their product and with a bit of advice from potential clients – change the way the product is manufactured and sold.
4. At the end – the message is clear. They didn’t do the research before they produced the product.
5. Oh – and watch out for the little girl that says “What you need is the cute factor”.